Why Is My Car Overheating?
If you drive a high-end luxury vehicle like the Bentley Bentayga or the Bentley Mulsanne, even the smallest problem can lead to considerable frustration. And, if you’re wondering what causes a car to overheat, it should already be clear that you’re not dealing with a minor issue. Instead of asking, “Why is my car overheating,” you’ll want to stop driving the car and call for assistance.Ask your towing service to bring you to Bentley of Austin, and we’ll find out what’s causing your car to overheat right away.
What to Do When a Car Overheats
In the vast majority of cases, your Bentley will not start to overheat until you get it up to speed. If you’re trying to figure out what to do when a car overheats, don’t panic! If you’re driving near San Antonio and Dallas, and you notice that your temperature gauge is reading significantly higher than normal, stop the car as soon as you can find a safe space to pull over. Keep these tips in mind:
- Continuing to drive an overheating car could cause permanent, irreversible damage to your engine.
- If you can’t pull over right away, turn off the air conditioning and let the heat run full-blast. This will pull the heat off your engine and limit the potential for damage, but only for a short time.
- After you’ve pulled over, don’t open the hood right away. Turn the engine off and let it sit for at least 30 minutes before you touch any metal component.
- You’ll have access to Bentley Roadside Assistance for the entire duration of your warranty. Call 800-323-0100, and they’ll head your way immediately.
What Does It Mean When Your Car Overheats?
If you’re not sure of why your car is overheating, we know that scheduling service can be more than a little nerve-wracking. Although you shouldn’t attempt to diagnose your issues on the side of the road, these common causes should give you an idea of what to expect:
- You’re driving on old or degraded motor oil. If it’s been too long since your last oil change, your engine will heat up quickly.
- You have a problem with your coolant, or you’ve used an improper coolant in your vehicle. (Coolant is generally a 50/50 mix between antifreeze and water.)
- There’s a blockage in your coolant hose. This could prevent your coolant from reaching the hardest-working components in your vehicle.
- You have an issue with your radiator. This could have to do with a leak, a blockage, or a broken radiator fan.
- A broken or failing water pump could also be the reason that coolant isn’t reaching your components. In normal circumstances, it’s responsible for distributing your coolant.
What does it mean when your car overheats? In almost all cases, it means that you need to stop at Bentley of Austin. If you need to purchase coolant, a new hose, or a new radiator, trust our Bentley parts department to set you up with exactly what you need.
You Can Count on the Bentley of Austin Service Department!
In general, you can count on our authorized Bentley service team to catch all potential reasons that a car would overheat–before they lead to damage or leave you stranded on the roads near Dallas. If your vehicle is already overheating, schedule service or drive in immediately, so we can solve the problem today.
While you’re doing research, get a better sense of what a serpentine belt does with our team.
More From Bentley of Austin
View Inventory View Inventory You love the look and feel of the 2020 Bentley Bentayga, but which of its six available trim levels will feel like the perfect fit for your adventures through the San Antonio area? In order to get to the heart of that question, you’ll need to take the time to explore the…
Learn MoreNew Flying Spur Contact Us The Bentley Flying Spur has long been a dream car of discerning drivers across the globe, including right here in the San Antonio and Dallas area! And while we could go on and on about the iconic performance of this legendary nameplate, the Bentley Flying Spur interior is something truly…
Learn More New Bentayga The Bentley Bentayga is made for San Antonio drivers who have the highest standards and want to ride in the lap of luxury. The Bentayga delivers everything you expect from an SUV created by Bentley, and the Bentley Bentayga interior is an experience you’ll never forget. Below, Bentley of Austin explains here why the…